Steph & her Scrap _ The stories behind her scrapbooks

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Scrapbooking

When I was in High School, one of my hobbies is to take and collect pictures. I always enjoyed cropping and arranging pictures in an album; collecting and sticking cut-outs and stickers and combining any scrap material to make my album extra-ordinary.

A few years later, some of the pictures have turned yellow. It was only last year that I discovered a different world of scrapbooking... the concept is still the same but it has become a very expensive hobby. Why? Because now they have discovered materials and tools that are acid-free, lignin-free, archival-safe etc. Now there are more techniques and more media. Digital scrapbooking is also becoming popular due to its flexibility and cost-effectiveness.

I'm not an expert... really. All I know is that I love scrapbooking. I love art. I love expressing myself... and most of all... I'm a sentimental person who wants to document every single detail of our lives.

You're welcome to view my layouts (LO). Feel free to leave your comments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home